The Diocesan Apostolate for Christian Education provides necessary resources and support to the Diocesan Hierarch, Clergy and Educators who have been entrusted with catechizing the faithful of American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese of the USA. Through its annual Know Your Faith Educational Conference, it provides teacher training and educational enrichment for religious educators and the faithful of the diocese. Using the latest internet broadcasting and virtual classroom technology, the Christian Education Apostolate is currently developing live and on-demand distance learning programs for the educational enrichment of the clergy and laity of the diocese.
In particular, the Apostolate for Christian Education:
1. Establishes curriculum guidelines to be followed in all diocesan parish church school programs.
2. Provides, in cooperation with the Orthodox Christian Education Commission (OCEC ), appropriate church school resources.
3. Creates supplemental educational resources - including catechumen training, adult education and teen/youth programs.
4. Designs religious education programming for the Diocesan Summer Camping Program.
5. Provides teacher training and educational conferences.
6. Works with the Diocesan Apostolate for Communication and Information technology to provide educational programming via the internet and multi-media technology.
The Very Rev. Protopresbyter Kenneth Bachofsky
Director of the Diocesan Apostolate for Christian Education
The Very Rev Samuel Sherry, Chicago Deanery
The Very Rev. Jonathan Tobias, Pittsburgh -Tri State Deaneries
Rev Fr. Tony Joseph, Johnstown Deanery
The Rev. Fr. Andrew Bartek, Pocono and Southern Tier Deaneries
The Rev. Fr. Jeff Zias, Mid-Atlantic Deanery
The Very Rev. Protopresbyter Peter Paproski, New England Deanery
The Very Rev John R. Pribish, New York-New Jersey Deaneries
The Very Rev. Protopresbyter Kenneth Bachofsky, Youngstown Deanery
The Holy Martyrs Hermylus and Stratonicus; Maximos the Righteous of Kapsokalyvia, Mount Athos; Afterfeast of the Theophany of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ; Hilary of Poitiers; Nina of Georgia
You are viewing the Old Calendar Readings. View the New Calendar