The mission of the Diocesan Apostolate For Information Technology and Communication is to assist the Metropolitan and the various ministries of the American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese of USA to proclaim the Gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ through the judicious use of emerging multi-media technology. The Apostolate for Information Technology and Communication is responsible for overseeing all diocesan technologies and provides support to parishes wishing to implement similar technologies. In Particular, the Diocesan Apostolate for Information Technology and Communication:
- Oversees the digital communications network in the diocese, including databases, email listservers, and live and on demand multi-media broadcasting.
- Works in tandem with The Church Messenger to provide timely information to the diocesan faithful in the print and digital media.
- Oversees diocesan databases, parish directories and email distribution lists.
- Oversees the creation of multi-media educational materials.
- Oversees and maintains the diocesan website www.acrod.org, whose purpose is to educate and inform as well as promote a greater awareness of and participation in diocesan apostolates/ministries.
- Provides oversight guidance to websites of all official diocesan apostolates, institutions and organizations.
- Establishes guidelines for parish websites.
- Provides support to parishes in evaluating and implementing information technologies on the parochial level.
- Works in concert with the SCOBA Information Technologies Commision to evaluate emerging digital technologies for potential use in the ministries of the Church.
- Provides technology for live broadcast of liturgical services and the creation of multi-media educational materials
- Works in tandem with the Diocesan Newspaper The Church Messenger to provide timely information to the diocesan faithful in the print and digital media.
Very Rev. Protopresbyter Peter Paproski, Director